Fairway will be working hard on your behalf to make sure that your lending experience is stress free so that you can concentrate on everything you need to do to move into your new home. Here are some great tips on how to manage potential moving stressors to make moving easier.
Before you move:
- Complete a change of address form from the post office.
- Send your new address to any publications you subscribe to. It can often take up to eight weeks for the change to become effective.
- If you are moving to a new community, contact the local Visitor’s Bureau or Chamber of Commerce for materials about your new town.
- Pack a bag or box with essentials for your first few nights in your new home, as it will probably take a few days to begin unpacking. This bag may include items such as prescription medicine, toiletries, clothing, towels, and bed linens.
Once you have arrived in your new home:
- Locate the closest emergency services, including police stations, fire stations, and hospitals.
- Take a tour of your neighborhood to become familiar with your new surroundings and learn the best routes to work, school, grocers, etc.
- To ease stress, try unpacking one room to create a place of refuge for you and your family. Make it a cozy space free of unpacked boxes, empty cartons or anything else related to the move.
Moving can be difficult on children. Be sure to discuss, as a family, how it is normal to miss your old home and share your feelings. Talk through the aspects of moving to a new house. Try to maintain family routines, as children will appreciate the continuity of family life. Be sure to keep everyone busy and involved in setting up your new home. Allowing children to give input on new furnishings and decorations for their room will help them feel more at home.
Remember that I am here to help with whatever you need during the home buying process and would love the opportunity to refer you to services that may make your move easier.Tags: Moving